Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Commercial Power Amps

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Crown Pl-4 which I don't use anymore since I now have home theatre. The last of the home amps by Crown. A truely nice amp for audiophile.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    Didn't Know old Brian G.W. was still breathing air. He must be getting up there- he is a bit my senior.

    Very high ego guy-after all it was his initials on the product. But he was good at what he did.

    The BGW was the industry standard for a while- it was much preferred over Crown.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the man died of cancer a few years back, and his comany got bought out.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    I like Crown D150's
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looking for something sans fan, I am considering a new D series crown for the LF section of my A7s (416-8A).

    The D-45 and D-75A seem to be current production:

    http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/d.htm

    Noting the ratings are:

    D-45:
    20 watts into 16 ohms
    25 watts into 8 ohms
    35 watts into 4 ohms.

    D-75A:
    25 watts into 16 ohms
    40 watts into 8 ohms
    55 watts into 4 ohms.

    Does anyone have a favorable opinion/comment on those models?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.